Karkonosze National Park (Czech Republic)
Smart Camp Marabou
We invite children of 10-14 years to an unusual summer camp. "Smart Camp Marabou" will be held for the first time this year in the Karkonosze National Park (Czech Republic).
2 sessions for two weeks: 5 — 18 July 2015 and 19 July — 1 August 2015
· teaching program is designed for children from 10 to 14 years, although it is not strictly related to the age, but rather to the level of knowledge ;
· group assignment is done according to the results of a test taking into account the interests, knowledge и age of children;
· special program on mathematics, astronomy, in physics + other natural sciences – schedule you can find here;
· fascinating humanitarian program: workshops and discussions on modern media, literature, history and culture with well-known researchers and scientists;
· invited speakers: orientalist Andrew Desnitsky, writer Linor Goralik, teacher of foreign literature, mythology and semiotics Asya Stein, Professor of Economics at the Paris School of political Science (Science Po) Sergei Guriev;
· cozy hotel is equipped to accommodate groups of children, combining traditions of European chalet with modern comfort (playground, swimming pool, fireplace);
· accommodation in double rooms, training – on the ground floor and terrace;
· visits to the territory of the reserve with local jaegers and excursions;
· presence in the camp of a psychologist and a licensed doctor ;
· delicious and healthy food five times a day;
· teachers and group leaders with experience in schools and math camps;
· 1 adult for 3 children.
Unlike other children camps, about which we usually tell, Smart Camp Marabou is not called a Jewish camp. But its founders Sergei Kuznetsov and Ekaterina Kadieva for many years create a website «Booknik», which is dedicated to Jewish culture. They were inspired by experience of Russian mathematics camps and international Jewish camps and came up with an idea of creating Smart Camp Marabou.
Originally Smart Camp Marabou was planned as a camp for children living in Europe. But to the surprise of the organizers there were many children enrolled from Russia. So the team of the Smart Camp asked us to tell you about this project and provided 10% discount to our subscribers.
Details about the Smart Camp Marabou you can find here. There you can submit your application as well. To get a 10% discount, you need to enter in the comment field code word JCC. Cost for clients of Ralph I. Goldman Nikitskaya JCC: 2250 euros for session (including tuition, accommodation, meals, and excursions). If necessary, a shuttle service (from Prague airport to the camp or vice versa) is provided for 50 euros.
Presentation of Smart Camp Marabou will be held on March, 26 at 19.30 in the Ralph I. Goldman Nikitskaya JCC. Founder of «Marabou» Sergei Kuznetsov will tell about the emergence of the idea of the camp, about its program, teachers. There you can ask questions and join the camp.